Terms and conditions
Credit card payments in favor of Segway Tours Norway are collected by TREKKSOFT AG, Hauptstrasse 15, 3800 Matten, Switzerland ("TREKKSOFT"). TREKKSOFT will appear as SEGWAY NORGE on your credit card statement. The domain where you enter and process your payment is owned and operated by TREKKSOFT.
Please send an email to email@example.com for all inquiries regarding your credit card payments and chargebacks.
Terms and conditions
Credit Card payments are collected by Trekksoft AG acting as an authorised agent of Segway Tours Norway AS. Subsequently, Trekksoft AG will appear as TREKKSOFT ONL TRAVEL, MATTEN BEI INTERLAKEN on your credit card statement.
The domain where you enter and process your payment is owned and operated by TrekkSoft AG.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SEGWAY TOURS NORWAY
General rental terms and conditions of the private company with limited liability Segway Tours Norway AS., with its
registered office and principal place of business at Segway Tours Norway, Brattveien 4 1738 BORGENHAUGEN Norway.
Article 1: Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following terms will have the following meaning:
The Segway tour: The city tour organised by the tour operator on the vehicles rented by the client, including the
instruction as to the use and operation of the vehicle that precedes the city tour;
The agreement: the mixed agreement entered into between the tour operator and the client regarding the rental of the
vehicle and the participation in the Segway tour;
The vehicle: the Segway Personal Transporter (PT) or the other object that is used to carry out the Segway tour;
The client: the natural person/persons and/or legal person/persons that enters/enter into the agreement and
consequently acts/act vis-à-vis the tour operator as client/clients and renter/renters;
The participant/participants: the natural person/persons who on the basis of the agreement wishes/wish to participate
in the Segway tour and as such wishes/wish to operate a vehicle and consequently conforms/conform to the agreement,including these terms and conditions;
The tour operator: Segway Tour Norway AS., who organises the Segway tour and for that purpose acts as the contractor
and lender vis-à-vis the client;
The consumer: the client who is a natural person and who has not entered into the agreement in the course of his
profession or his business;
The tour operator’s loss: the financial loss that the tour operator suffers directly or indirectly as a result of:
damage (including a state of the vehicle or parts of the vehicle that does not befit normal wear and tear) or loss of the
vehicle or accessories or parts of the vehicle, or of another object that belongs to the tour operator. This loss includes,
among other things, the costs of replacement of the vehicle based on the sales value as included in the official
price list and the loss of rental income;
injury or harm caused with or by the vehicle to a person or object, for which the tour operator, the party in whose
name the vehicle is registered or the liability insurer of the vehicle is liable.
Article 2: Applicability
1. These general terms and conditions apply to any agreement entered into between the tour operator and the client,
of whatever name. Once contracts have been entered into on the basis of these terms and conditions, these will
also apply to any future agreements.
2. Deviations from and additions to these general terms and conditions will only be binding on the tour operator if
they have been agreed on in writing.
3. Reference by the client to general terms and conditions and/or other conditions used by it is explicitly rejected by
the tour operator.
Article 3: Formation of agreement and payment of the tour price
1. The agreement is formed at the time that the client makes a booking through the website
www.segwaybooking.no and this booking is confirmed via e-mail by Segwaybooking.no. by or on behalf of the
tour operator. Obligations on the tour operator’s part arising from the agreement will only be enforceable after the
client has made payment in full to the tour operator.
Article 4: Cancellation
1. The tour operator can cancel the Segway tour at any time prior to the start of the Segway tour if in its opinion there is a good chance that weather conditions or other serious circumstances make the use of the vehicle unsafe or otherwise undesirable. If the tour operator determines that the programme can go ahead, the agreement is maintained. The tour operator cannot be forced to offer the client an alternative programme.
2. In the event of cancellation as referred to in article 4.1, neither of the parties will be liable to pay the other party
compensation. Any costs paid by the client will be converted into a voucher that will be valid until six months following
the date booked initially.
3. Unless agreed otherwise in writing, the following applies in case of cancellation by the client:
Cancellation must take place in writing and must be dated.
Reduction of the initially agreed number of vehicles to be rented can take place up to five working days prior to
the start of the rental period and costs NOK 200 exclusive of MVA (Norwegian VAT) for each change. The price can
be recomputed on the basis of the list of rates. After that, the last known numbers apply.
The provisions on cancellation stated in article 4.4 will be applied to reduction of the number of vehicles to be
4. Unless agreed otherwise, if the client cancels the Segway tour, it will owe the tour operator the following amounts:
a. in case of cancellation more than 30 days prior to the first rental day: 15% of the total invoice amount, subject
to a minimum of NOK 800 exclusive of VAT;
b. in case of cancellation less than 20 days and more than 15 days prior to the first rental day: 35% of the total
c. in case of cancellation less than 15 days and more than 10 days prior to the first rental day: 50% of the total
d. in case of cancellation less than 10 days and more than 5 days prior to the first rental day: 75% of the total
e. in case of cancellation 5 days or less prior to the first rental day, the renter is obliged to pay 100% of the total
Article 5: Rental period
1. The agreement is entered into for the duration of the Segway tour, unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing. The
vehicle must be returned to the tour operator immediately after the Segway tour has ended and to the location
announced prior to the Segway tour.
2. The client will only be allowed to return the vehicle at another time to a location to be indicated by the tour
operator after the tour operator has given the client permission to do so. In that case, the client will remain liable
for all damage or loss caused until the time when the tour operator actually receives the vehicle and inspects it or has it inspected.
3. If the vehicle is not returned to the tour operator within the period stated in the rental agreement or any renewed
period, or handed in to a third party with the tour operator’s permission, the tour operator is entitled to
immediately take back the vehicle. The obligations on the client’s part that arise from this agreement will remain
in force until the vehicle is in the tour operator’s possession again, on the understanding that until such time the
client will owe a sum of NOK 4000 excluding VAT per day and per vehicle in addition to the rental, part of a day
counting as a full day, without prejudice to the client's obligation to reimburse any loss suffered by the tour
operator. This increase by NOK 4000 excluding VAT does not apply if the client proves that the exceeding of the rental
period is the result of force majeure.
Article 6: Carrying out the Segway tour
1. The tour operator reserves the right to make changes to the programme booked by the client.
2. Prior to the start of the Segway tour, the client must submit a copy of a valid proof of identity of all participants in the
Segway tour. If one of the participants cannot submit a copy of a valid proof of identity, this participant will not be
allowed to operate a vehicle.
3. If the client is late for the booked tour (present less than fifteen minutes before the start of the tour), this may have
consequences; parts of the tour may be cancelled and the tour may be shortened. In that case, the money paid for
parts that have been cancelled or shortened will not be repaid to the client.
4. The Segway tour starts with an instruction and training on the responsible use of the vehicle. It is the
responsibility of the client and the participants to assess whether the participants are able to operate the vehicle
after this instruction and training. After this instruction and training, all participants/operators must sign a form in
which they declare, among other things, that they have taken note of these general terms and conditions, have
studied the content and are fully familiar with the specific user regulations that apply to the vehicle, that they have
followed the complete instruction and training, have understood the instructions and that they are able to operate
the vehicle in a responsible manner without presenting a danger to themselves and/or third parties.
5. The tour operator is not obliged vis-à-vis the client, but is entitled, without prejudice to the responsibility of the client
and the participants, to deny certain participants in the Segway tour the operation of a vehicle if in the tour operator’s
opinion this participant is unable to operate the vehicle in a responsible manner without presenting a danger to
himself/herself and/or third parties.
Article 7: Use of the vehicle
1. The client must handle the vehicle with care and must ensure that the vehicle is used in accordance with its purpose. The vehicle is only meant to be used on paved surfaces with sufficient traction and is not suitable for riding against or on obstacles such as kerbs, ramps and other fixed or loose objects.
2. The client is obliged to return the vehicle to the tour operator in its original condition. During the rental period, the
client may not make any changes and/or additions to the vehicle.
3. The vehicle may only be operated by persons designated as participants. The client will not be allowed to make the
vehicle available to a person who is not stated as participant in the agreement.
4. The client must see to it that and is responsible vis-à-vis the tour operator for the fulfilment by all operators of the
following requirements set for the operators of the vehicle. The participant must:
at all times obey any instruction given by the tour operator;
without prejudice to the requirements of the tour operator, behave in traffic according to the statutory traffic
rules that apply to the vehicle;
be at least 16 years old;
weigh between 45 kg and 120 kg;
not have used any alcohol, drugs or other substances that might influence the ability to operate vehicles in a
period of 12 hours prior to the Segway tour;
at all times wear the helmet made available by the tour operator;
refrain from handheld calling while operating the vehicle and from riding side by side (i.e. alongside another
vehicle or alongside another two-wheeler);
not transport objects with the vehicle;
5. If the client or participant loses control of the vehicle (due to theft or loss), the client must inform the tour operator of
this immediately. The client must immediately report to the police, render all necessary cooperation to the tour
operator and show and return the info key controller and/or keys.
6. No more than 1 person, i.e. the operator, may be transported with the vehicle.
7. The client is obliged to return the vehicle in a clean condition. In case of failure to fulfil this obligation, the cleaning costs may be charged, subject to a minimum of NO 75 excluding VAT.
8. The client will not be allowed to use the vehicle in case of damage or defects to the vehicle.
9. In case of any event that can result in damage or loss, the client is obliged:
to immediately inform the tour operator of such damage or loss;
to follow the instructions given by the tour operator;
to warn the local police;
both when asked and at its own initiative, to provide the tour operator or its insurance company with all information
and documents that relate to the incident;
to submit a fully completed and signed claim form to the tour operator within 48 hours;
to refrain from the admission of guilt or the acknowledgement of liability in any form;
not to leave the vehicle behind without properly protecting it against the risk of damage or loss;
to render all requested cooperation to the tour operator and the persons designated by the tour operator in order to
obtain compensation from third parties or to put forward a defence against third-party claims.
10. The client is obliged to impose the orders and prohibitions of this article on any participant and to monitor the
11. During the Segway tour, the tour operator is entitled, but not obliged, to exclude certain participants from participation in the Segway tour if the participants concerned do not observe the orders and prohibitions contained in this article 8. Such participants are not entitled to a refund. The tour operator will charge the client for any additional costs incurred.
Article 8: The client’s liability for damage or loss
1. If no description of the damage to the vehicle has been drawn up by the parties, the client is deemed to have received the vehicles in an undamaged condition. When the vehicle is returned, a description of any damage is drawn up. In case of a difference of opinion regarding the nature and cause of any damage, the opinion of the tour operator will prevail. The compensation for the remedy of such damage is deducted from the deposit, and the client will be sent an invoice if such amount is not sufficient.
2. The client is liable for all damage or loss on the tour operator’s part that was caused by any incident during the Segway tour or otherwise in connection with the rental of the vehicles, with due observance of the following.
3. The vehicle is insured in accordance with the requirements of the Norwegian Insurance , and insurance against fire, theft and damage has also been taken out, with a NOK 4000 excess excluding VAT. If an excess was agreed on in the rental agreement, the
client’s liability for damage or loss will for each incident be limited to the excess amount, unless:
the damage or loss was caused during or as a result of actions or omissions in violation of article 8;
the damage or loss was caused as a result of the use of the vehicle on unmetalled roads, unless the particular type of vehicle is explicitly destined for use on unmetalled roads, or use of the vehicle on roads that the vehicle is apparently
unsuitable for, or of which the client or rider has been informed that entering such roads is at one’s own risk;
the damage or loss was caused with the consent of the client or as a result of the client’s wilful misconduct or gross
it concerns damage or loss due to any harm or injury caused to third parties by or with the vehicle and the
third-party liability insurance that was taken out for the vehicle does not provide cover due to a violation of any
provision of the policy conditions. The policy conditions are available for inspection at the offices of the tour
operator; the damage or loss was caused by the loss of the vehicle, and/or by the accessories and documents
belonging to the vehicle not being handed in to the tour operator in full.
4. If pursuant to an insurance contract taken out by the tour operator, whether or not mandatorily, against the risk of
fire, theft and damage or against the risk of third-party liability, payment is made to the tour operator or a third
party, this will not affect the client’s liability.
5. If the damage or loss is the result of any harm or injury caused with or by the vehicle, the extent of such harm or
injury will be determined in advance on the basis of the amount of any compensation paid to the injured party,
possibly increased by other loss suffered by the tour operator.
6. Loss incurred due to the inability to rent out the vehicle during the period of repair or replacement will be determined in advance on the basis of the number of days involved in the repair or replacement of the vehicle, multiplied by the rental per day, less 10% in connection with the saving on variable expenses.
7. The client is jointly and severally liable for behaviour and omissions on the part of the participants and third
parties, even if these third parties did not have the client’s consent.
Article 9: The tour operator’s liability and defects to the vehicle
1. The client and the participants are aware of the fact that road use always involves risks. They are furthermore aware that the vehicle has an entirely new method of operation that cannot be compared to the operation of any other existing
vehicle and that operation of the vehicle therefore involves an increased risk of falling and (other) traffic accidents. The
client and the participants are furthermore aware that the tour operator is physically unable to constantly intervene in
cases of reckless endangerment or dangerous situations. In view of the above, the client and the participants take part in the Segway tour fully at their own risk.
2. The tour operator is only liable for damage or loss suffered by the client or the participants if such damage or loss is the result of wilful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the tour operator and/or of defects to the vehicle that the tour operator should have been aware of prior to the Segway tour.
3. The tour operator will never be liable for damage or loss that was caused in part, to whatever extent, by the client's use of the vehicle in violation of article 8 of these conditions.
4. The tour operator will never be liable for consequential damage or loss. Where appropriate, the tour operator’s liability is limited to the amount that is paid out in each loss-causing event by its liability insurer.
5. A failure in the vehicle that is not related to any careless maintenance by the tour operator cannot be regarded as a
defect by the parties.
Article 10: Sanctions and measures imposed by the government
The client must pay for all sanctions and consequences of measures imposed by the government in connection with
the possession and/or use of the vehicle, unless such sanctions and measures are related to a defect that was already
present at the start of the rental. If these sanctions and measures are imposed on the tour operator, the client will be
obliged to indemnify the tour operator on its demand, in which case the client will also owe the costs of collection at
law and otherwise, subject to a minimum of NOK 600 excluding VAT. If the tour operator provides information to the
authorities, in connection with any behaviour or omission on the client's part such as a traffic violation, the client will
be obliged to compensate any costs involved, subject to a minimum of NOK 600 excluding VAT.
Article 11: Processing personal data of the client and the participants
In order to guarantee a good provision of services, the personal data of the client and the participants will be stored,
processed and used by the tour operator. The client also consents to the collected personal data being made available
to the tour operator and/or companies affiliated with the tour operator for storage, processing and use within the
scope of product information, marketing activities and other services so that the offer of products and services of the
tour operator can fully be made use of. The client is entitled to inspect and correct any stored personal data. The
client and/or the participants can object to the tour operator regarding the processing of their data for direct mailing
purposes. Such objection will be honoured. The tour operator can pass on the personal data of the client and/or the
participants to the police within the scope of a criminal investigation.
Article 12: Applicable law
The rental agreement will be governed by Norwegian law at all times. If a matter is submitted to a court other than thesubdistrict court, the competent court in the tour operator's place of business has sole jurisdiction, unless the client, being a consumer, informs in writing within a month of the tour operator's reliance on this article that he or she prefers settlement by the court that has jurisdiction according to the law.